How to Increase the Odds of Getting Your Music Licensed
In this era of declining music sales, the vast income potential of music licensing is one area that continues to be ignored or untapped by both musicians as well as their managers. This is mainly due to the fact that many people tend to think of an orchestral ensemble when they think of Film/TV music. The average musician is largely unaware of the fact that original songs film-tv-music-licensingget licensed all the time for use in films, TV shows, videogames, promos, advertisements, corporate videos, documentaries, soundtracks, compilations, DVD’s, websites, toys, and more.
When songs get used, the publishers, songwriters, and sound recording (master) owners have to be paid (in most instances) for such use; and licensing fees can be rather substantial depending on the type of use. As a songwriter/musician, the more of your songs you can license, the more money you can earn. In fact, some musicians earn more income from music licensing than from all their other income sources (e.g., recording, touring, merchandise, sponsorship, crowdfunding, etc) combined!
In order to make money from music licensing, however, your music has to be ‘licensable’!
So, how do you make your music licensable?
The answers are revealed in this e-book; “HOW TO INCREASE THE ODDS OF GETTING YOUR MUSIC LICENSED”!
This e-book unearths in comprehensive detail all the things that make a song licensable, with a strong emphasis placed on the characteristics of the music, lyrics and production. Even though the content is geared towards showing you how to write material that gets licensed, you will also learn what you can do with the music you’ve already written. In addition to discussing important details about music licensing, this e-book also identifies the mistakes and errors that other musicians and songwriters are making, and that you will need to avoid in order to be successful. You don’t need to be in a band, or be signed, or be young and cute, or have an album out, or be performing, or have radio airplay, or be well known in order to make money from licensing your music. Some of that can help, but in general what needs to happen is that your music needs to be licensable!
This e-book will help you by:
• Showing you how to truly get into the minds of potential licensees and make sure that you understand their needs.
• Identifying the opportunities where you can make money from licensing your music.
• Highlighting the various ways you can make your songs more licensable.
• Ensuring you know how to choose the right material to submit for licensing opportunities.
• Revealing the characteristics of songs that are successfully licensed
• Helping you identify what critical components may be missing from your material.
• Enabling you to quickly identify if there is licensing potential in your material before wasting time and money on outreach efforts, and making necessary changes to make them licensable.
• Sharing what you need to consider in order to take full advantage of all the music licensing opportunities available.
• Introducing the “must-have” components you need to license your music successfully.
• Identifying places to send your material once you’re confident of the licensing potential.
• Revealing many of the challenges you’ll face in the course of licensing your music that you might not have thought of yet.
• Stopping you from making the mistakes that many songwriters and musicians make in the course of attempting to license their music.
• Dispelling some of the myths that abound about the field of music licensing.
• Giving you the confidence you need that your music licensing business will succeed and generate the income you desire.
• And more….
Who will benefit from purchasing this e-book?
Musicians / Instrumentalists
Artist / Talent Managers
Anyone interested in licensing music
Select Music Licensing Credits of the author
Companies the author has licensed music to include:
ABC, AVEX GROUP, BET, BIOGRAPHY, BRAVO, CBS, COLGATE / PALMOLIVE, DISCOVERY CHANNEL, E ENTERTAINMENT, GREEN CHANNEL, HBO ZONE, LAST FM, LOGO, MIRAMAX FILMS, MTV, MTV2, MUSICNET, NBC, NEW LINE CINEMA, RHAPSODY, SOAPNET, SONY MUSIC PUBLISHING JAPAN, STYLE NETWORK, TMF, TV LAND, VH1, and more.